Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Quite time for pondering and yawning

yawn...!!!!!!! so tired!!!

I should really blog more often, but this isn't something many people read so it's all good. The play is now over (it's been over a week). I had such an amazing time doing it. It's weird, i'm a bit of a perfectionist and a bit obsessive. Every night after coming off stage or in between scenes i would always feel like i hadn't tried hard enough, and the occasions when i did feel this way the director would say that i did a great job. On the other hand on occasions when i think i did a great job, i hear i hadn't done the best of jobs. So i dunno, my judgement must be totally off the mark.

NIDA is going strong, James my delicious teacher seems to think i'm doing well. I heard him give an 'excellent' comment to someone in the group (so far just one such comment). I'm working hard to earn that praise, so far all i've got is 'very good', and he said he can't pick up my nervousness. I just need to have a bit more variation and expression and i should be excellent in no time.

I'm starting my first day of teaching tomorrow. Having done it a few times i shouldn't be worried, but there is always this fear hanging around the back of your mind. I'm not sure why, so i'm gonna shove it off and focus on the lesson. Hmm, i wonder what kinda students i'll get this time round.

I've also been reading up on buddhism and hinduism, my religions of choice if i were to swing that way. Buddhism is impressing me more and more, alot of truths i had some to realise in life are being held up as universal truths and buddhism has given it more depth than i have so far. So my question is, should i explore a religion or continue on this path on my own, and see where it takes me? I like the idea of reaching nirvana on my own. How typical of me; I don't need any help from anyone, do you know who i am?!?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home